SKETCHING MATERIALS GALLERY
A range of charcoal based sketching materials is available at Framing Pieces, as follows:
- National Art Materials Willow Natural Charcoal Made by burning willow sticks.
- Progresso Carbon Sticks Woodless graphite sticks, for shading and fine detail.
- Wolff's Carbon Pencils Combination of graphite and charcoal, for easy sharpening and rich black lines.
- General's Charcoal Pencils Made from refined willow charcoal and fine organic blacks.
- Viarco Premium Carbon Pencils Riche matte black with smooth and consistent stroke.
- General's Jumbo Compressed Charcoal Rich, intense, blendable blacks.
- General's Compressed Pastel Chalk Blendable, acid and oil free, can be used for drawing, sketching, shading or rubbing textures.
- General's Compressed Charcoal White, smooth, compressed sketching sticks.
- Cretacolor Graphite Pencils In a range of degrees of hardness.
- Cretacolor Fine Art Leads Also in a range of hardness. Can be used in a holder.
- Cretacolor Graphite Sticks In two sizes for the more bold and swashbuckling works.
- Cretacolor Deep Black Pocket Sets Compact boxed set which includes graphite pencils, graphite sticks and a charcoal stick. Swiss army knife for sketchers.
- Cretacolor Carbon Powder For large scale drawing or mix with water and binding agent for painting. Smudges, blends and rubs off like chalk.
- Cretacolor Lead Holder and Sharpener Ergonomic design.
- Cretacolor Kneaded Eraser Just in case.
- Derwent XL Graphite Blocks In boxed sets.
- Winsor & Newton Pigment Markers are no longer available. However, there are some other marker pen products.
- Winsor & Newton Promarker Markers using alcohol based translucent ink, twin tipped with a broad chisel nib and a fine bullet nib. Colours are blendable and can be used on acetate, glass, plastic and wood as well as paper.
- Winsor & Newton Brushmarker These also use alcohol based translucent ink. They are twin tipped with a broad chisel tip and a brush nib. Colours are blendable.
- Winsor & Newton Water Colour Marker Watercolour in a pen form, with dual nibs. Can be used to make washes when combined with water. For use with watercolour paper.
Click on the thumbnails in the gallery below to see enlarged images of these products.