Framing Pieces has been steadily increasing its range of pastel products, by introducing new ranges and by carrying a more comprehensive variety of colours within each range. Below is a listing of the ranges of pastel products currently available. Pastel papers, fixatives and accessories for pastel work are listed on the Papers Gallery and Artists' Accessories pages.
The range of pastels currently carried by Framing Pieces is as follows:
- Art Spectrum Soft Pastels Brilliant intense colours made from pure pigment free from heavy metals, asbestos or other toxic substances.
- Rembrandt Pastels Intense pure colours, at the harder end of the pastel scale, allowing some different techniques more easily than with the softer pastels.
- Schmincke Pastels Extra soft, made from purest medium with minimum binding agent, they are hand finished and packed for quality control.
- Conte Crayons Composed of pigments, kaolin and binder, waxier and firmer than soft pastels, useful on grained surfaces.
- Derwent Pastel Pencils Soft and powdery pastels, ideal for mixing and blending, but enclosed with wood so fingers don't get dirty.
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils Oil free pastel leads with a high level of pigment, economical to use, in muted shades and earth tones.
- Conte Pencils Can be sharpened to a fine point, are not blended like soft pastels but used in patchwork fashion.
- General's Compressed Pastel Chalk Blendable, acid and oil free, can be used for drawing, sketching, shading or rubbing textures.
Click on the thumbnails in the gallerybelow for a larger picture of each product.